Migrating E-mail messages from Windows Mail (Windows Vista) to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7)
Export Windows Mail messages
1. Right-click any empty area on your desktop, click New, and then click Folder.
2. Type Mail Backup (or any other name you prefer) for the folder name, and then press .
3. Open Windows Mail.
4. Click File, Export and Messages.
5. Click Microsoft Windows Mail and click Next.
6. Click Browse to locate the Mail Backup folder you just created and click Select Folder.
7. Ensure the Export To location is correct and click Next.
8. Select All folders and click Next.
9. Click Finish. Copy the Mail Backup folder to an external hard disk drive for later use.
Import mail messages in Windows Live Mail
1. Download and install Windows Live Mail at http://home.live.com/.
2. Copy the Mail Backup folder to your desktop in Windows 7.
3. Open Windows Live Mail.
4. On the menu bar, click File, Import, and Messages.
NOTE: If you cannot see the menu bar, press + and click Show menu bar.
5. Select Windows Mail, and click Next.
6. Click Browse to locate the Mail Backup folder on your desktop. Click OK and Next.
7. Select All folders, then click Next.
8. Click Finish.
9. Your Windows Mail messages have now been imported into Windows Live Mail under Storage Folders in the Imported Folders folder.You can now move and copy the messages to any other email account folders that you like. When done, you can delete the Imported Folder if you like.
NOTE: Expand the folders inside the Imported Folders to see all of your messages.