Microsoft My Phone Service Shutdown
[ Introduction ]
Microsoft is discontinuing the Microsoft My Phone service for Windows Mobile 6.x. The following article provides a timeline for the service shutdown and guidance for users regarding their data stored to the My Phone service
[ Summary ]
- On August 7, 2011, the Microsoft My Phone service will stop synchronizing data between My Phone-configured Windows Mobile 6.x phones and the My Phone service: User data will stop being backed up to the My Phone service. On this date, Microsoft will begin automatic migration of certain data types from the My Phone service to Windows Live SkyDrive.
- On October 6, 2011, the My Phone website will no longer be available. On this date, users will no longer be able to access the data stored from their Windows Mobile 6.x phones to the My Phone service.
Schedule summary :
[ Affected garmin-asus model ]
|My Phone backup stops
||August 7, 2011
|My Phone website closes
||October 6, 2011
[ How to Save Video, Music, and Document Files from My Phone to your PC ]
This information applies to Windows Internet Explorer 9.
- Open Internet Explorer and logon to the My Phone service at http://www.microsoft.com/myphone using the Windows Live ID you used to register for the My Phone service.
- Browse to the file you want to save.
Important note: Current files are accessible under the 'Phone' navigation option. Any archived files are accessible under the 'Archive' navigation option.
- Left-click on the file you want to save.
- In the File Download dialog box, select Save > Save As.
- Browse to the folder on your PC where you want to save the file, and then click Save.
More detailed information is in the link below ( Microsoft official website )