1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
2. Click New Fax, please follow the Fax Setup Wizard to select Connect to a Fax Modem or Connect to a Fax Server on My Network, follow the steps in the wizard to complete the setup.
- How to send a fax
1. Once you have finished the Fax Setup Wizard, please click New Fax, click the To button and select the contact or contacts. You must have the fax numbers for these contacts listed in their contact information in order to use this method. Otherwise, type in a fax number.
2. Then please Type a subject for the fax in the Subject line and type the fax information into the body of the message. To include a file from your computer, click the Insert button and select the file to attach.
- How to revive a fax
If your computer is connected to a fax server, you don't need to take any action to receive a fax. Instead, whenever your computer is connected to the network, new faxes are automatically delivered to your Windows Fax and Scan Inbox. If you're using a built-in or an external fax modem, you need to choose how to receive faxes. Take these steps only if you're using a built-in or an external fax modem.
If you want to change settings for sending and receiving faxes with a fax modem, you need to provide an administrator password or permission. Users with administrator privileges can change the setting at any time. Before you try receiving a fax, however, make sure that your computer is connected to a fax modem or fax server.
1. To receive faxes automatically
a. At the bottom of the left pane, click Fax
b. Click Tools ,and then click Fax Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Click the General tab, and then, under Send/receive options, select the Allow device to receive fax calls check box.
d. Click Automatically answer after X rings, and then select the number of rings after which the modem can answer incoming phone calls to try to receive a fax.
2. To manually receive a fax
If you set up your computer to receive faxes, Windows will notify you about incoming calls so you can choose to answer them as fax calls. You can receive a fax by clicking the notification. If you choose not to receive faxes automatically or if you miss a notification, you can receive a fax by taking these steps before the incoming fax call stops ringing:
a. At the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
b. Click Receive a Fax Now. The Fax Monitor dialog box appears and displays the progress of the fax.