Please try the following steps:
1. If the network icon shows “Not connected- No connections are available”, please check the Ethernet port and your network cable, replacing it if necessary to see if the problem remains.
2. Disable your security software and firewall temporarily to see if the problem remains.
3. If it connects to the Internet via a router, please check your router to see if the auto-disconnecting function is enabled.
4. Please disable the power saving feature of the Ethernet adapter: right click on Computer, select Properties, enter Device Manager:
Right click on the Ethernet network adapter, select Properties
(the model in the image is Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller), switch to Power Management
Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
, press OK
5. If the device manager shows the Ethernet network adapter driver is not installed properly, please reinstall the correct driver.
Please go to the download page of your notebook PC, download the latest version driver:
You can contact ASUS technical support center for getting new version as well:
6. If Ethernet network adapter disappears from device manager, please access BIOS by pressing < F2 > during boot up, press < F9 > to load the setup default, press < F10 > save and restart.
7. If you have tried all the steps above but the problem remains, please try to reinstall the system via system recovery or system installation disc.
Please backup your important files. Then follow the instructions in the user manual to reinstall the system.
If this article does not help you fix the problem, please email our support team for further ../images/troubleshoot/troubleshooting; make sure to describe the symptom in detail: