Migrating Address Book from Outlook Express (Windows XP) to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7)
Export Outlook Express Address Book
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
3. On the File menu of the Address Book – Main Identity window, point to Export, and then click Address Book (WAB).
4. On the Select Address Book File to Expert to window, type a name for the address book file, designate a location to save the file and then click Save.
5. Copy the address book file to an external hard disk drive for later use.
Import Outlook Express Address Book in Windows Live Mail
1. Download and install Windows Live Mail at http://home.live.com/.
2. Copy the Outlook Express address book file to your desktop in Windows 7.
3. Open Windows Live Mail.
4. Click Contacts on the bottom left corner of the Windows Live Mail's main window to open the Windows Live Contacts window.
NOTE: you can also press ++ to quickly open the Windows Live Contacts window.
5. On the menu bar of the Windows Live Contacts window, click File, Import, and Windows address book (.WAB).
NOTE: If you cannot see the menu bar, press + and click Show menu bar.
6. Windows Live Mail automatically imports the Outlook Express address book to the Windows Live contacts list. Click OK to finish.