ASUSTeK Computer INC. warrants that this product has been manufactured, tested, and inspected to comply with industry specifications. ASUSTeK will provide warranty coverage without charge if the purchased product is proven defective in material and workmanship under normal use within the warranty period, from the date of purchase from ASUSTeK or its authorized reseller. The proof of purchase must be presented to the ASUSTeK's service centre for any warranty claims
If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, Asustek will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective parts within the product, or the product itself, with items that are functionally equivalent to that as originally supplied, or better, during the warranty period defined for the model, using new or refurbished parts or units. All components repaired or replaced by ASUSTeK's Service Centre will be under warranty for the remaining period of warranty, or for no less than 3 months.
Please keep the original packaging, in case that your product needs to be returned for repair. Original packaging provides a better protection for your product during transportation. If the product is not packaged in its original box, ASUS will not be liable for any damages occurred during transit. If the product is under warranty, the ownership of the replaced defective parts will automatically be transferred to ASUS.
ASUS products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
You can find more information about the Australian Consumer Law on the ACCC website: www.accc.gov.au
(see under “For Consumers” tab).
ASUSTek Computer Inc. offers this Warranty in conjunction with any guarantees imposed by the Australian Consumer Law.
3 years Australia-wide Onsite Pick Up Warranty
3 Years Perfect Pixel guarantee for all other LCDs
Warranty procedure for LCD monitors:
If product is faulty within the warranty period, to return the LCD monitor for warranty, please contact ASUS on 1300-2787-88(AU) and 0800-2878-88(NZ) for initial phone support and troubleshooting. If genuine problem exists, ASUS will issue a RMA (return authority number) for returning the product to the ASUS service centre.
- The LCD can be dropped in to the ASUS service centre location Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm (AUST EST) except public holidays.
- Pickup and return service will be organized by ASUS using designated freight carrier. Before sending the product back. RMA number must be clearly marked outside of the original packaging with the service centre address provided. Product will be returned without notice if the RMA number is not visible upon receiving the product
- ASUS is not responsible for any damage or loss in transit by the freight carrier
- If full packaging is not provided, ASUS may charge for the packing to return the product
DOA Policy for LCD monitors:
ASUS will regard the LCD to be “Dead on Arrival (DOA)” if it does not “power on” or operate to the specifications and standards as per the manual or bears physical manufactured damage within the first 14 calendar days after purchase. Such a product must be presented back to the ASUS Reseller within the same period with all the accessories and its original packaging. The Reseller will then check if the unit is complete and perform an initial check-up.
- Reseller to call ASUS on 1300 2787 88 for initial phone support and troubleshooting, Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm(EST)
- If a genuine problem exists, ASUS issue a RMA (return authority number) for returning the product. This number is a return authority number only until it has been assessed and approved by ASUS as a valid DOA claim
- For Courier pick-up, Reseller is to fill in the ASUS DOA REQUEST FORM provided by ASUS and should include Distributor Invoice copy and End-User Invoice copy to send back with the DOA LCD.
- ASUS will arrange the product to be picked up using ASUS's designated freight carrier. Reseller should clearly mark the RMA No. and ASUS Service Centre Address outside of the original box before sending back to ASUS
- Allow a 3 to 5 working days for diagnostics at ASUS Service Centre.
- If “No Fault Found” or a genuine problem does not exist, ASUS will inform Reseller and will arrange to send back at end-user's expense and a diagnostic fee may apply
- If DOA is approved, ASUS will inform Reseller with written DOA notification via email and endeavor to replace with buffer stock. If no buffer stock available, ASUS will organize for replacement/ credit back via the Distributor.
- Failure by Reseller to comply with paperwork requested will result in delay to execute the DOA process.
- ASUS is not responsible for any damage or loss in transit by courier.
- If full packaging is not provided, the job will be processed as regular RMA, provided the product is within warranty conditions
- An ASUS LCD will not be considered DOA or faulty if the PC/Notebook/ output device does not support the correct display output resolution of the LCD
- After 14 Days, Regular RMA process will apply
- All the Zero Bright and Dark Pixel defects will only have Panel replaced.
- Please check the exact Pixel Policy for DOA requirements for Pixel failure as listed below.
- The warranty extends only to the original purchaser and is not transferable
- only applicable to the units sold after 1/7/2011
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS for DOA/ RMA:
The customer bears the cost of repair / freight for the following:
- Damaged parts or components not sold or manufactured by ASUSTeK
- Parts repaired or replaced by parties other than ASUSTeK authorized service centers
- There is damage caused by an external electrical fault, accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions;
- There is damaged caused by improper installation or improper connection to the display device
- Units purchased outside the service coverage region;
- No Fault found and other excluded circumstances.
- Warranty also ceases if damaged by: use for which it is not designed/ accidents/ misuse / incorrect voltage
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO: (“EXCLUDED CIRCUMSTANCES”)
- Removed, revised, defaced, or damaged warranty seals and/or original factory serial numbers;
- Damage resulting from improper installation, including, but not limited to, incorrect or insufficient electric power supply (Refer to the user's guide for proper installation procedures and power supply requirements.);
- Defects resulting from long-term improper use;
- Damage (including cosmetic damage such as scratches, spots, or dents), failure, loss, or personal injury due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper maintenance and storage, or acts of nature;
- Damage incurred while being transported or moved by the customer;
- Damage resulting from virus infection or installation of illegal software.
Register your product online at http://www.asus.com. The information you provide will benefit you in receiving updated ASUStek product information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ：
Your LCD contains more than one million individual pixels. Sometimes, a number of these pixels do not function normally. Your LCD has been inspected and found to comply with the manufacturer's
DEFECTIVE DOT POLICY:
A pixel (picture element) consists of sub-pixels: one red, one green, and one blue dot. A transistor drives each dot. When a transistor becomes defective, the corresponding dot may become permanently bright or dark.
A Bright dot is a white or sub-pixel that is always on under BLACK pattern. A Dark dot is a black or sub-pixel that is always off under any pattern.
Up to 12 months for PW191, PW201, LS201, MW221C, VW193T, PG221H, VW192C and other ZBD Premium LCDs
Up to 36 months
Up to 3 years for all other LCDs