Warrants this AIO / EeeBox PC to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period defined on the label sticker on the back of the AIO / EeeBox PC, for example: 12M means 12 months and 24M means 24 months from the date of purchase, except for batteries and (free) accessories, which were delivered together with the AIO / EeeBox PC such as: mouse, bag etc. If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period. ASUS will, at its option, repair or replace the product. This ASUS warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non- ASUS modifications to the product, software faults, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS’ control.
All components repaired or replaced by ASUS’ service site will be under warranty for the remaining period of warranty, or for no less than 3 months.
TFT LCD Defect Policy
Despite the highest possible standards, the intricate manufacturing of thin-film transistor ( TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) screens may still produce slight visual imperfections. These visual imperfections do not impair the performance of your ASUS Notebook. However, ASUS will provide the warranty service for your ASUS Notebook's TFT LCD screen when there are :
- >3 bright dots (excl. 3 dots)
- >5 dark dots (excl. 5 dots)
- >8 bright/ dark dots( excl. 8 dots)
These TFT LCD screen warranty conditions are offered by TFT LCD manufacturers. ASUSTeK will therefore, at its option, repair or replace the product.
Please note: A bright dot is a white or sub-pixel that is always on. A dark dot is a black or sub-pixel that is always off.
If warranty servicing is required, you may do either of the following:
When preparing your AIO / EeeBox PC for delivery to ASUS’ service site, you will need to:
- Contact your local ASUS authorized dealer/retailer, from where you bought the product, for repair or replacement.
- Contact the ASUS’ service site in your country. Please visit the ASUS Support site at http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center/ to get the updated service locations.
- Enclose a copy of this completed warranty card or a copy of your sales invoice/receipt detailing the purchase of your AIO / Eee Box. (Please note : ASUS reserves the right to request the original documents.) If you do not have them beside you, we will use the AIO / EeeBox PC’s original shipping date as your purchase date.
- Package your AIO / EeeBox PC with its original packaging. The original packaging will provide better protection for AIO / EeeBox PC during delivery. Warranty may be voided if the AIO / EeeBox PC is damaged due to improper packaging.
NOTE: If you send your product packed in any packaging other than in its original packaging, ASUS service site may charge you for an appropriate anti-shock packaging when your product is returned to you.
- Do not send other items with the product unless specifically requested by the ASUS service site personnel. Any other items and accessories included in the package sent back to the ASUS service site will be treated as packaging material, and may not be returned back to its sender.
- Please back up all personal data and remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information from the device.
- ASUS will not be liable for any data and/or software loss, which are stored in the device, or any of its recovery and/or replacement.
Exclusions from this Limited Warranty Service
ASUS does not warrant an uninterrupted or error-free operation of this product. Any technical or other support provided for the product under warranty, such as assistance via telephone with “how-to” questions and those regarding product setup and information will be provided without warranties of any kind.
The warranty only covers failures or malfunctions occurred during the warranty period and in normal use conditions as well as for any material or workmanship defect. The warranty will not apply if:
- The product has been tampered, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel.
- The serial number of the AIO / EeeBox PC, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled or removed.
- The warranty seals have been broken or altered.
- There is damage caused by accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions.
- There is damage caused by improper installation or improper connection to a peripheral device such as printer or optical drive.
- There is damage caused by an external electrical fault or any accident.
- There is damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User’s Manual.
- There is damage from use of parts not manufactured or sold by ASUS.
- There is damage to or loss of any program, data or removable storage media, or if there is costs from recovering any program or data.
- There is damage from third party software or from viruses.
- There is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.
- Any (free) accessories, which were delivered together with the AIO / EeeBox PC such as mouse, or carry bag.
- AIO / EeeBox PC is supplied with pre-installed software. Should any of this software prove defective, ASUS will repair or replace the software, at its option.
- The product is not purchased from ASUS local authorized Dealer/Reseller.
Returning the machine to ASUS’ service site during the warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, ASUS’ service site reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service.
ASUS, ASUS’ authorized service site, or your reseller is not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information contained in the product which you return to ASUS, ASUS’ service site or reseller for any reason. You should remove all such information from the product prior to its return.
International Warranty and Support
ASUS does not provide warranty service outside the country where you bought the AIO / EeeBox PC.
If you are interested in buying additional extended warranty (eg. additional 3-year warranty) from ASUS to prevent unexpected malfunctions and costly repairs, please contact us.Our sales rep will contact you and provide you with details of available options.
* ASUS commits to provide life cycle extension service to EPEAT registered products. We provide additional warranty and replacement parts five years after end of production of the EPEAT registered products. Please link here to find more information.